Tuesday, March 17, 2009

It All Catches Up...

Photobucket

So I'm hearing rumors that my guy Kid Cudi is thinking about quitting the industry. That's crazy shit! Here is a very talented artist that is obviously on the verge of some huge shit, and he up and says that after he drops his solo album this summer...he's done. What the hell is happeneing in this industry that a shining star drops it all and returns to their normal life?

Photobucket

It reminds me of that ish with Dave Chappelle a couple years ago. He turned down $50 million and a #1 just to have piece in his life. He traveled to Africa to clear his mind and rid himself of the stress he was feeling. But in all the confusion created by it, everybody thought he was smoking crack and going crazy! The man can't clear his mind? Apparently not What's going on?

A lot of artists, actors, and athletes claim that the pressure to perform is incredibly overwhelming. I believe it. As a future celebrity I have to wonder, "Is this the type of shit that I'm gonna have to deal with?" Just maybe...but the difference is, I have somethings and someones to learn from.

It all catches up...

1 comment:

  1. "....go back to a normal life"; The kid(Cudi) is an actor. Lupe Fiasco is doing the same thing. I believe he's coming out with his FINAL albun, which will consist of 3 c.d.s or something like that.

    ReplyDelete